Saturday, June 7, 2014

Maria Of Denmark Kimono Kirsten Tee

I have noticed a big hole in my closets lately, where there should be nice, fashionable and comfortable t-shirts. Until a few days ago, there really wasnt any. So what do you do? Go shopping? Noooo.... (unless its for fabric, of course) I had been searching on Pinterest for t-shirt patterns, and I came by the Kirsten Kimono Tee by Maria Of Denmark. This is a great pattern, plus its free! Whats not great about that?







The shirt has a very comfortable fit, and NO sew-on arms! There`s only two pattern pieces, + the neck binding of course. Its the perfect base pattern for youre own modifications.
As you can see on the shoulder part, I inserted a contrast fabric of a sheer animal printed chiffon.
Enter: "fashionable"!
Allso, I added a wide cuf-binding on the shoulders, instead of hemming the edges. That added a little length allso.
I am very happy with the results! The Kimono tee has everything I want in a t-shirt. IAnd it allso looks great styled up whit a pair of skinny jeans and heels or boots!



This is definetly something I will make again and again! Thanks Maria for a super pattern!







5 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love the chiffon at the shoulder - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you katy:)
    ..now that I have you here, I sent you an email on the adress given on youre blog. Could you check it out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvor er den fin - det er en rigtig fin detalje, du har lavet på skulderen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. takk for den koslige kommentaren Mette :D

      Delete

I love reading you`re comments!